Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review of Seed.com From AOL networks.

Photo credit: Peter Kaminski
I don't know too much about this site's history, but I recently heard from a forum member that seed underwent changes to their system. I don't know if this meant new management, writers, or available content; however, I have an account with them, and I submitted content.

Seed actually looks like a great site for freelance writers; however, there is one problem. There is not a lot of available assignments to choose from. I've only been with this site for a week, but I only found one article that I was qualified to submit. Almost all of the available topics seem to be about working or interviewing for different companies--such as Google, Yahoo, Bank of America, Cisco, etc.

I found one article that I felt qualified to claim, and go figure, it was an article about what life is like being unemployed. Of course, I don't consider myself unemployed since I am a freelance writer. Many different companies, websites, and clients have W-9 tax forms from me--I'm probably the least unemployed person in this world.

It's a shame that Seed.com doesn't offer more of a variety in terms of content. They pay about $25 for every accepted article. They require that the article be unique and at least 700 words long. I don't think they have a style preference, but AP is always a good style to default to when it comes to web and SEO writing. Since my article was about my life after becoming unemployed, I obviously used a lot of first person view sentences. Since I don't like switching point of view, my article is almost 100 percent first person view.

I will be constantly visiting Seed.com to see if there is any new content. Also, I will write some of the editors asking about new assignments. I do know that their blog lists assignments from time to time; however, the assignments are not consistent.

When a man is in doubt about this or that in his writing, it will often guide him if he asks himself how it will tell a hundred years hence.  ~Samuel Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment