Friday, May 6, 2011

Review on Microworkers.com

Photo credit: Wools
In my effort to always be searching for more freelancing work, I have stumbled across a site called microworkers.

Microworkers is a site that allows you to perform easy, miniscule tasks for small compensation. These tasks can be anywhere from liking a facebook page to signing up on dating sites. I have seen tasks for High PR blog owners to post links on their blogs, and those usually pay more than the average $0.30.

There are many reasons why clients need these small jobs done -- such as referral sign-ups, free sponsorship products, and quick promotion of a blog or website. I question the motives of a lot of clients on microworkers because a lot of their miniscule tasks seem like they want you to do their dirty work. I personally believe in Karma, so I'm not going to participate in questionable practices for .30 cents.

Aside from some shady clients, microworkers is a great way to earn .50 cents for a few minutes work. If you work quickly, you can easily make around 7-10 dollars an hour. However, there is a catch. A lot of tasks involve you using your accounts on sites like Amazon, Craigslist, Facebook, etc. to write reviews, post ads, and sign up for offers. Not only that, signing up for some sites listed in the work can take longer than it's worth.

I just looked at the available offers as of now, and there seems to be a lot of small tasks for dating site sign-ups. I personally do not want to take the time to sign-up for all these sites and sending the clients links to the email used for the sign-up--don't ever use your main email; instead, create a fake one for these tasks.

I do not think that I will be using this site. I prefer to focus on actually using my writing skills to create unique content for clients. Clients are only willing to pay a few dollars for articles that can be as large as 1,000 words. I don't know about some freelance writers, but I will not write a quality 1,000 word article for only a few dollars. That is just a complete waste of time and talent.

I have not reached any kind of payout, but other users are saying that microworkers.com pays on time. It is good to know that at least this site is dependable. If you have some extra time to kill and you do not mind using your accounts and possibly your name to review, post, and comment on sites for clients, Microworkers.com could be a good site for you.

Let me know what you think of the site.

What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he's staring out of the window.  ~Burton Rascoe

No comments:

Post a Comment